Welcome to the Avoca and District Historical Society. The society was established in 1984 and is dedicated to preserving, collecting and researching the history of Avoca and the surrounding district.
The headquarters of the Society is an historic building at 85 High Street, Avoca, which was the Avoca Court House from 1859 to 1979. It now contains a local history & family history resource centre containing thousands of documents, photographs, maps, microfilm of local newspapers & rate books, artifacts, etc., pertaining to the localities in the Avoca district.
From 1 July 2020 the Society’s premises at the Avoca Courthouse may be accessed by researchers BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, until further notice.